Dog crates are great for home or travel, but they are usually made from hard plastic or metal materials and not very comfortable for your pup. For this reason, a good quality crate pad is a must for all pet parents that use crates! But which dog crate pad is right for you?
There are a ton of options available on the market. There are so many different fabrics, colors, and materials. Read on for some helpful tips on choosing your next crate dog pad and some highlights on a few of the most highly rated pads on the market.
Compare the 6 Best Dog Crate Pads: For All Puppers And Their Special Needs
|Kimi Homes Kennel Pad||Check Latest Price||21 X 12 23 X 17 29 X 18 35 X 22 40 X 26 46 X 28||Mesh||Quick Drying|
|INVENHO Dog Bed Mat||Check Latest Price||30 Inch 36 Inch 42 Inch||Cotton Filling Fleece||Machine Washable Dryer Safe|
|MidWest Homes for Pets Reversible||Check Latest Price||18 Inch 22 Inch 24 Inch 30 Inch 36 Inch 42 Inch 48 Inch 54 Inch||Synthetic Fur Fleece||Multi-season use|
|Brindle Soft Memory Foam Dog Bed||Check Latest Price||17 X 11 22 X 16 28 X 18 34 X 22 40 X 26 46 X 28 52 X 34||Memory Foam Micro-fiber||Arthritis Joint Pain Relief|
|K&H Pet Products Self-Warming Crate Pad||Check Latest Price||14 X 22 20 X 25 21 X 31 25 X 37 32 X 48 37 X 54||Microfleece||Keeping Warm|
|MidWest Homes for Pets Deluxe Super Plush||Check Latest Price||18 Inch 22 Inch 24 Inch 30 Inch 36 Inch 42 Inch 48 Inch||Polyester Poly-fiber||Low maintenance|
1. Kimi Homes Kennel Pad
Kimi Homes Kennel Pad
- This dog crate mat can be washed directly with a shower head or a faucet. We suggest: please use the shower head to wash directly .
- Our dog crate pad is breathable. Free circulation of air and water can form air layer of moist heat micro circulation, thus offering a dry and comfortable sleeping environment.
- 24 hour customer support, 30 Day money back guaranteed. carriable, convenient collection, not easy to deform.
The Kimi Homes Kennel Pad is made with mesh material to provide your pup with airflow. The mesh also allows liquid to flow through for easy cleaning and quick drying.
- Mesh Fabric
- Supportive materials
- Quick Drying
To wash, spray with a faucet or a hose.
2. INVENHO Dog Bed Mat
INVENHO Dog Bed Mat
- Pet bed is comfortable cotton fill cushion offers superb support underneath your pet’s body and is particularly soothing for stiff joints.
- Dog bed is washable in washing machine,keep in original shape even after many cycles of washing.Cover pet seat bed can protect furniture,floors or car back seat from dander, dirt and fur
- For hygiene and safety reasons, WONDER MIRACLE Pet beds adopts one-time vacuum compression packaging method to prevent parasitic infections among pets.
The INVENHO Dog Bed Mat is made with a cotton filling. There is a non-skid base on the bottom to keep this mat from shifting around inside a dog crate.
- Cotton Fill
- Non-skid base
- Fleece Top
This dog mat is completely machine washable and dryer safe. Wash and dry on low temperatures.
3. MidWest Homes for Pets Reversible Paw Print Pet Bed
- Removable Cover
The MidWest Homes for Pets Reversible Paw Print Pet Bed is made with ultra-soft synthetic fur. This bed is made with two different surfaces. It has a patterned paw-print material on the top, and fleece on the bottom so you can flip it over to give your pup a different texture.
- Synthetic Fur
- Machine Washable
- Dryer Safe
- One Year Warranty
The fleece side may be good to keep your pup warm in the winter, while the other side may be best for warmer weather.
4. Brindle Soft Memory Foam Dog Bed
Brindle Soft Memory Foam
- Soft, supportive consistency conforms to weight and pressure to relieve achy joints, arthritis and hip dysplasia
- Portable, lightweight bed is great for travel and compatible with 30″ X 19″ Dog crates
- Bed measures 28 inches by 18 inches and is suggested for small dog breeds, such as a Dachshund or Shih Tzu; 3-year warranty
The Brindle Soft Memory Foam Dog Bed comes with a cover that is removable and machine washable. There is a layer of orthopedic shredded memory foam to relieve pressure from your dog’s joints and bones.
- 3-Inch Memory Foam Filling
- Micro Suede Removable Cover
- Multiple sizes available
The cover is machine washable. For best results, wash on cycle from cold to hot on the gentle cycle. You can throw it into the dryer, but make sure to set it to tumble dry low. The actual pad is NOT washable, however, only the cover.
5. K&H Pet Products Self-Warming Crate Pad
K and H Pet Products Self Warming
- Self-warming material captures your pet’s body heat and radiate the warmth back to your pet
- Each corner is slit to allow a perfect fit into any crate Soft microfleece top for comfort and non-slip bottom for stability
- Machine washable for easy care If you have questions, please contact us at 1-877-738-5188
K&H Pet Products Self-Warming Crate Pad is designed to radiate your dog’s body heat back to them to keep your pup cozy in colder temperatures. The corners of this dog pad have slits in them to accommodate multiple crate sizes.
- Non-Slip Base
- Slit corners
- Multiple sizes and colors options available
- One Year Limited Warranty
This pad is best to use on cold days and nights since it is self-warming. It is not appropriate for warmer weather because it may cause your dog to overheat.
6. MidWest Homes for Pets Deluxe Super Plush
MidWest Homes for Pets Deluxe
- Ultra-soft synthetic pet bed provides additional comfort to your dog’s crate further enticing them to love using their crate
- Ideal for dogs weighing 91-110 pounds, this pet bed measures approximately 46L x 29W x 4H – Inches
- Machine washable & dryer friendly pet bed includes a 1-year MidWest Quality Guarantee Manufacturer’s Warranty
The MidWest Homes for Pets Deluxe Bed can be used as a stand-alone dog crate bed or inside a crate. This crate bed has an Ombre swirl pattern in a neutral color. It is made with ultra-soft synthetic fibers.
- Comes in multiple sizes
- Ombre Swirl Pattern
- Poly-fiber filling
- Machine Washable
- One Year Warranty
This is a good choice for large or extra-large dogs because comes in size options that will fit snugly in many large crates.
Do You Need a Dog Crate Pad?
If you plan to crate train your dog, or already use a crate with your pup for home or travel, you should probably be using crate pads. Most dog crates are made with durable metal or hard plastic materials, which is great for standing up to daily wear and tear, but not so great for your dog’s comfort level.
There are a ton of great things about crate pads. There are different types of dog pads for different needs and types of crates. For instance, if you have an older dog or one that suffers from arthritis, you may want to get an orthopedic pad to give them so extra support inside their crates.
Shopping Guide for the Best Dog Crate Pad
When you go shopping for your next dog crate pad, there are a few things to consider including the material, thickness, size, and washability.
What is the Crate Pad Made of?
Some of the most common types of filling for your dog’s pad are cotton, polyester, and memory foam. You will need to choose the one that is right for you and your pup.
Crate pads come in a variety of exterior materials as well. Polyester, microsuede, and synthetic fur are common. Some pads come in several colors and patterns. Some may have special features like waterproof liners or breathable mesh.
How Big of a Crate Pad Do You Need?
You’ll need to measure your crate and check the dimensions of the crate pad. For the proper fit, you’ll want the pad to be close to the measurements of the crate, but just a tiny bit smaller to fit snugly inside. Typically, the pad should be an inch or so smaller than the crate.
Most dog crates have weight limits. You will need to add the weight of the pad to the weight of your dog and anything else that will be carried inside the crate. You’ll need to check the weight to make sure it does not exceed the weight limit of the crate when your dog is inside.
The thicker the pad is the more support it will provide your pup. However, you do not want one that is so thick that it doesn’t fit properly in the crate. You also don’t want a pad so thick that your dog does not have enough room to move around in the crate.
Is the Crate Pad Easy to Clean?
Make sure to look at the tag for care instructions. Some crate pads have removable covers that are machine washable. If the pad does not have a removable cover, check to see if the care instructions allow you to throw the whole thing into the washer.
Different dog crate pads will have various care instructions. Not all pads are dryer safe, for instance. So, make sure to check the label before throwing your new crate pad into the dryer.
Do You Need a Waterproof Dog Crate Pad?
Some crate pads are waterproof, while others are not. For this reason, it is important to check the label if a waterproof pad is something you need. Some pads are made to have water flow through them for faster drying.
Some crate pads have a waterproof lining inside the cover that repels liquid. If you are going to be using the pad during potty training for a new puppy, or if your older dog has incontinence issues, you may want to look into a waterproof option.
With so many dog crate pads on the market, hopefully, this article will help you find one that is right for you and your pup. Just remember to measure both the crate and your dog, then check the label of pads to see if they are compatible.
Also, think about what you are going to be using the crate mat for (home or travel for instance), and if your dog has any special issues like arthritis, incontinence, or if they are prone to chewing because these factors will have an impact on your purchasing decision.
Leave a Reply